Historically up to date.
It was August 13, 1907, when the Rittnerbahn was officially opened, creating a direct trainride from the Piazza Walther in the center of Bolzano up on the Renon. 110 years later, 1.04 million people travel by cableway on the Renon and 600,000 still use the Rittnerbahn - nowadays only connecting Soprabolzano to Collalbo. In the course of the renewal of the Engg. Josef-Riehl square between cablecar and railway, the information office of the tourist association also received a new and highly modern domicile. The design of the internal communication areas followed the motto “nostalgia meets innovation”. Soon the success was shown, for the tourist now perceived the waiting time as short and were in a much happier mood.